Using Social Media to Grow Customer Base and Attract Clients
Social media not only provides businesses an incredibly powerful channel of direct communication to their customers, but it also provides companies with the ability to easily market valuable content and merchandise offerings. Here are some great tips on how your business can use social media to generate revenue towards your bottom line:
- Announce sales or new product launches for your business on your Twitter account and Facebook page and link people directly to your e-commerce store.
- Offer special coupons and discount promo-codes that are exclusively available to your social media fans and followers. This will encourage people to "follow" and "like" your business on social media so that they can get special deals – increasing your ability to re-market to them and convert more sales.
- Run a social media scavenger hunt via one (i.e. Foursquare) or multiple platforms (i.e. Foursquare, Twitter, Facebook) that lead customers into your store.
- Run contests so that you can get more followers, collect email addresses, and market business offerings to customers.
- Reward customers with a discount for making a positive social media post about your business.
- Use PromoJam to build, launch and track social media promotions with ease. With PromoJam you can easily run multiple types of social media promotions that can help you drive revenue for your business via social media such as: Coupon or PromoCode giveaways, contests, redirect promotions (sending traffic directly to a point of purchase), flash sales and more.
Grow Customer Base and Attract New Clients:
Social media is no longer just a place for consumers to connect with friends, it has become a rich environment for businesses to communicate with customers, develop relationships, grow their customer base and attract new clients. Here are some great tips on ways to maximize your social media efforts and outreach for your business:
- Growing your customer base online is directly related to how interesting you are. You won't attract social media friends or followers by constantly saying the same thing, only posting about yourself, not engaging in conversations, or by being inactive on your social media profiles.
You need to dive in and start connecting with people. Create reasons why they should pay attention to you. Produce interesting content, link to other people's blog posts, retweet interesting tweets, respond to comments, and start creating your brand image online by utilizing social media to showcase your business' interests, passion points, and more.
A great way to grow your customer base is by becoming interesting. If you are interesting, people will pay attention to you and you will increase your customer base. Case in point: the viral marketing Old Spice YouTube campaign that swept the nation and suddenly got millions of people talking about and engaging with the Old Spice brand. Not only did this grow their customer base, but it also generated thousands of dollars in sales for the brand.
- A great way to attract new clients is to use social media to showcase your current and past business successes. If you are a marketing company or a fashion store, you can use social media to publicize the campaigns you are working on, the clients you represent, or the brands you carry. People are always attracted to businesses who have a great roster of clients or stores who carry the designers they like.
Utilize social media to promote the work you currently do and this will help you capture the attention of potential customers and clients. Get the word out and you will start attracting new clients and customers that are looking for the exact things that you are offering.
You can use Twitter's great hash tag (#) system to attract people who are searching for something that you are posting about. For instance: If you represent Donna Karen, add a #DonnaKaren to your tweet about her and then people who are searching #DonnaKaren will have a better chance of finding you!
To attract new clients via social media, target your posts and activity so that people who might be interested in what you do can find you via social platforms, search queries, search engines and more!
Amanda MacNaughton is the Co-founder of Culture Jam and their social marketing platform, PromoJam. Culture Jam is an innovative social media technology company specializing in engineering creative solutions for digital content marketing and distribution. Culture Jam synthesizes curiosity, creativity, and content into web applications built for modern online audiences.
For more information, visit culturejam.com and promojam.com.
Microsoft: Building a secure foundation to drive NASCAR
Microsoft is a key partner of The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) and together they are driving ahead to create an inclusive and immersive new fan experience (FX).
These long-term partners have not only navigated the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic with the use of Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365, but are now looking to a future packed with virtual events to enhance the FX, well beyond NASCAR’S famous Daytona racetrack.
“Together, we've created a secure environment that's allowed for collaboration, but the future is all about the fans”, said Melinda Cook, General Manager for Microsoft South USA Commercial Business, who cited a culture of transparency, passion, adaptiveness, and a growth mindset as to why this alignment is so successful.”
“We've partnered to create a fluid, immersive experience for the users that is supported by a secure foundation with Microsoft in the background. We are focused on empowering and enabling customers and businesses, like NASCAR, to reach their full potential. We do this with our cloud platform which provides data insights and security.”
“Our cloud environment allows NASCAR to move forward with their digital transformation journey while we are in the background,” said Cook who highlights that Microsoft is helping NASCAR
- Empower employees productivity and collaboration
- Improve fan engagement and experience
- Improve environment security and IT productivity
- Improve racing operations
Microsoft Teams, which is part of the Microsoft 365 suite, enabled employees to work remotely, while staying productive, during the pandemic. “This allowed people to provide the same level of productivity with the use of video conference and instant messaging to collaborate on documents. Increased automation also allows the pit crews, IT, and the business to focus on safety, racing operations, and on the fan experience,” said Cook.
“We have started to innovate to create a more inclusive fanbase, this includes using Xbox to give people the experience of being a virtual racer or even leveraging some of the tools in Microsoft Teams to have a virtual ride along experience.”
“These environments are how we create a more inclusive and immersive experience for the fans. We're working on a virtual fan wall which allows people from new locations to participate in these events,” said Cook, who pointed out Microsoft was also helping bring legacy experiences alive from NASCAR’s archives.
“At Microsoft we can take it one level further by letting fans know what it's like to see the pit crew experience, the data and all the behind-the-scenes action. We will continue to improve automation with machine learning and artificial intelligence, from marketing to IT operations to finance to racing operations,” said Cook.
Christine Stoffel-Moffett, Vice President of Enterprise Technology at NASCAR, said: “Microsoft is one of our key partners. They have been instrumental in helping the NASCAR enterprise technology team re-architect our Microsoft systems to ensure an advanced level of security across our environment, contribute to our business outcomes, and focus on fan experience.”