Using Social Media to Grow Customer Base and Attract Clients
Social media not only provides businesses an incredibly powerful channel of direct communication to their customers, but it also provides companies with the ability to easily market valuable content and merchandise offerings. Here are some great tips on how your business can use social media to generate revenue towards your bottom line:
- Announce sales or new product launches for your business on your Twitter account and Facebook page and link people directly to your e-commerce store.
- Offer special coupons and discount promo-codes that are exclusively available to your social media fans and followers. This will encourage people to "follow" and "like" your business on social media so that they can get special deals – increasing your ability to re-market to them and convert more sales.
- Run a social media scavenger hunt via one (i.e. Foursquare) or multiple platforms (i.e. Foursquare, Twitter, Facebook) that lead customers into your store.
- Run contests so that you can get more followers, collect email addresses, and market business offerings to customers.
- Reward customers with a discount for making a positive social media post about your business.
- Use PromoJam to build, launch and track social media promotions with ease. With PromoJam you can easily run multiple types of social media promotions that can help you drive revenue for your business via social media such as: Coupon or PromoCode giveaways, contests, redirect promotions (sending traffic directly to a point of purchase), flash sales and more.
Grow Customer Base and Attract New Clients:
Social media is no longer just a place for consumers to connect with friends, it has become a rich environment for businesses to communicate with customers, develop relationships, grow their customer base and attract new clients. Here are some great tips on ways to maximize your social media efforts and outreach for your business:
- Growing your customer base online is directly related to how interesting you are. You won't attract social media friends or followers by constantly saying the same thing, only posting about yourself, not engaging in conversations, or by being inactive on your social media profiles.
You need to dive in and start connecting with people. Create reasons why they should pay attention to you. Produce interesting content, link to other people's blog posts, retweet interesting tweets, respond to comments, and start creating your brand image online by utilizing social media to showcase your business' interests, passion points, and more.
A great way to grow your customer base is by becoming interesting. If you are interesting, people will pay attention to you and you will increase your customer base. Case in point: the viral marketing Old Spice YouTube campaign that swept the nation and suddenly got millions of people talking about and engaging with the Old Spice brand. Not only did this grow their customer base, but it also generated thousands of dollars in sales for the brand.
- A great way to attract new clients is to use social media to showcase your current and past business successes. If you are a marketing company or a fashion store, you can use social media to publicize the campaigns you are working on, the clients you represent, or the brands you carry. People are always attracted to businesses who have a great roster of clients or stores who carry the designers they like.
Utilize social media to promote the work you currently do and this will help you capture the attention of potential customers and clients. Get the word out and you will start attracting new clients and customers that are looking for the exact things that you are offering.
You can use Twitter's great hash tag (#) system to attract people who are searching for something that you are posting about. For instance: If you represent Donna Karen, add a #DonnaKaren to your tweet about her and then people who are searching #DonnaKaren will have a better chance of finding you!
To attract new clients via social media, target your posts and activity so that people who might be interested in what you do can find you via social platforms, search queries, search engines and more!
Amanda MacNaughton is the Co-founder of Culture Jam and their social marketing platform, PromoJam. Culture Jam is an innovative social media technology company specializing in engineering creative solutions for digital content marketing and distribution. Culture Jam synthesizes curiosity, creativity, and content into web applications built for modern online audiences.
For more information, visit culturejam.com and promojam.com.
How AWS helps NASCAR delight its fans
AWS needs no introduction to readers of Technology Magazine but we rarely get an opportunity to look closely at how it serves the sports sector. All major sports draw in a huge supporter base that they want to nurture and support. Technology is the key to every major sports organization and enabling this is the driving force for AWS, says Matt Hurst, Head of Global Sports Marketing and Communications for AWS. “In sports, as in every industry, machine learning and artificial intelligence and high performance computing are helping to usher in the next wave of technical sports innovation.”
AWS approaches sports in three principal areas. “The first is unlocking data’s potential: leagues and teams hold vast amounts of data and AWS is enabling them to analyze that data at scale and make better, more informed decisions. The second is engaging and delighting fans: with AWS fans are getting deeper insights through visually compelling on-screen graphics and interactive Second Screen experiences. And the third is rapidly improving sports performance: leagues and teams are using AWS to innovate like never before.”
Among the many global brands that partner with AWS are Germany's Bundesliga, the NFL, F1, the NHL, the PGA Tour and of course NASCAR. NASCAR has worked with AWS on its digital transformation (migrating it's 18 petabyte video archive containing 70 years of historical footage to AWS), to optimize its cloud data center operations and to enable its global brand expansion. AWS Media Services powers the NASCAR Drive mobile app, delivering broadcast-quality content for more than 80 million fans worldwide. The platform, including AWS Elemental MediaLive and AWS Elemental MediaStore, helps NASCAR provide fans instant access to the driver’s view of the race track during races, augmented by audio and a continually updated leaderboard. “And NASCAR will use our flagship machine learning service Amazon SageMaker to train deep learning models to enhance metadata and video analytics.”
Using AWS artificial intelligence and machine learning, NASCAR aims to deliver even more fan experiences that they'd never have anticipated. “Just imagine a race between Dale Earnhardt Sr and Dale Jr at Talladega! There's a bright future, and we're looking forward to working with NASCAR, helping them tap into AWS technology to continue to digitally transform, innovate and create even more fan experiences.”
Just as AWS is helping NASCAR bridge that historical gap between the legacy architecture and new technology, more customers are using AWS for machine learning than any other provider. As an example, who would have thought five years ago that NFL would be using ML to predict and prevent injury to its players? Since 2017, the league has utilized AWS as its official cloud and ML provider for the NFL Next Gen Stats (NGS) platform, which provides real-time location data, speed, and acceleration for every player during every play on every inch of the field. “One of the most potentially revolutionary components of the NFL-AWS partnership,” says Matt Hurst, “is the development of the 'Digital Athlete,' a computer simulation model that can be used to replicate infinite scenarios within the game environment—including variations by position and environmental factors, emphasizing the league's commitment to player safety.”