Why Occupy Canada?

By Bizclik Editor

A movement has taken off in the United States featuring protests across the nation against big banks and government bailouts. The Occupy Wall Street movement has included demonstrations, urban camping and peaceful protests all across the US with a total of 70 cities and 600 communities participating. Stating that most of the nation's wealth is owned by just 1 per cent while the rest of the US's residents are the "99 per cent," the movement has gotten a lot of coverage.

But it isn't just the US that's been leading the Occupy movement. Similar demonstrations have been erupting across Canada. The fact that the movement started in the US but has now traversed the border into Canada has left many people confused. Are the issues that the Americans are dealing with directly related to Canada's woes as well?

An infographic has been spreading across the Internet that explains things further. Created by a Canadian graphic designer who was frustrated with having to explain himself over and over, the infographic explains fairly well why Canada has been participating in the Occupy movement.

See the infographic below:

Share

Featured Articles

Must-attend sustainability events for executives in 2022/23

Discuss and debate the most pressing issues around sustainability at these nine executive events – from London to Abu Dhabi, San Diego to Singapore

Meet the CEO on a mission to nurture women leaders in Africa

The argument for women leaders in Africa is compelling, yet numbers are small. But one female leader is on a mission to change that – Awamary Lowe-Khan

BCG's Daniel Weise on supply chain and procurement strategy

Daniel Weise, global leader of Boston Consulting Group’s procurement business line, on the timely publication of his new book, Profit From The Source

Flexible work perks heat up as the war on talent rages

Human Capital

Meet the COO: Former Israel Defense Force cyber lead Parnes

Technology & AI

People Moves: Pinterest, Amazon, DocuSign, KFC, Walmart Ca.

Leadership & Strategy