Broadcom : Connecting everything
Did you know that an estimated 99.9% of all data internet traffic passes through Broadcom technology on its digital journey? In a world first, the US-based company powered the first Wi-Fi 6E Smartphone, sealing its place in history.
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Broadcom’s history of technological innovations spans back more than 50 years. This year (2021), Broadcom BCM4389 partnered with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to deliver a multi-gigabit Wi-Fi 6 performance in the existing 5 GHz band with 160 MHz capabilities.
Braodcom’s software and networking technologies connect people, homes and businesses, production processes and businesses. They enable service providers, enterprises, data centres and the cloud to quickly and securely move and store the huge volumes of data needed for today’s applications.
The global technology leader designs, develops and supplies a broad range of semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. As a key partner of Ensono, Broadcom focus on supporting their mainframe software offering:
- Application development
- Mainframe compliance and data protection
- Operational analytics
- Mainframe operations management
- Testing and quality
- Identity and Access
Broadcom has now launched Adaptive Protection, an advanced capability as part of the Symantec Endpoint Security solution.
Leveraging machine learning (ML) techniques built on decades of Symantec endpoint security experience, Adaptive Protection delivers enhanced security that is automated and customised for a customer’s environment while ensuring zero impact to productivity. Adaptive Protection enables enterprises to stay ahead of cyber attacks and stop breaches before they happen.
Adaptive Protection provides enterprises with an automated endpoint solution that strengthens protection and hardens systems, including:
- Custom protection - security is configured specifically to each customer’s environment, making protection better at no cost to the customer and making it harder for attackers to plan and execute
- Maximised productivity – endpoints automatically harden to block more attacks without fear of false positives and the disruption they cause
- Lowered costs – Using AI to customise endpoint security to a customer’s unique environment, Adaptive Protection reduces expensive configuration overhead and lowers incidents that must be responded to by the SOC
- Microsoft and Tech Mahindra share cybersecurity insightsTechnology & AI
- The Broadcom acquisition machine keeps on rollingLeadership & Strategy
- Five Minutes With: Kelly Ahuja, CEO at Versa NetworksLeadership & Strategy
- How to align cybersecurity and business objectivesLeadership & Strategy