Jun 1, 2020
Top 10 Best Airlines and Airport Lounges
- Virgin Atlantic – Call us biased, but we really love Virgin. Virgin Atlantic serves North America and flies to the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Virgin Atlantic is known for its perks and includes amenities like wider seats, dedicated cabin crew, laptop plug-ins, in-flight massages, and the largest fully-flat bed in business class complete with turn down service. Upper class also features individual 10.4” TV screens with a vast array of films, TV shows and games. The on-board bar is also a great place to meet fellow travelers, indulge in a pork loin topped with glazed apples or a cheese plate. Or if you’re trying to recuperate from a lengthy business meeting or too many vodka tonics, check out the Upper Class snooze zone, a reserved section for those who want to sleep through their entire flight. You won’t be interrupted until an hour before landing and distractions are minimal making for the best nap in the clouds.
- Emirates – First class in Emirates doesn’t even compare to other airlines. The airline caters to travel flying long distances with comfortable sleeper seats, seven-course meals, private suites, onboard shower spas similar to those you’d find in four-star hotels, and airport lounges that provide harmony before embarking on long trips.
- Virgin America – Since launching in 2007, California-based Virgin America set the mark for comfortable, luxurious and affordable travel. Founder Richard Branson’s aesthetic can be seen throughout the brand, starting at its modern check-in counters, hip flight attendants, tech savvy cabins, and going all the way to its unique partnerships and branding opportunities.
- British Airways – Fly from nearly anywhere in the U.S. to British Airways nearly 600 destinations around the globe. Become a member of the Executive Club to not only earn miles, but also special hotel offers, exclusive deals and access to the renowned British Airways airport lounges all over the world.
- Air France – Air France has been a favorite among those flying to Europe, Tokyo, Dubai and so many other worldwide destinations. Air France’s Charles De Gaulle Airport terminal in Paris is among the best, equipped with their La Première staff and airport lounge to take a moment to unwind in luxury.
- Singapore Airlines – Singapore Airlines offers private suites aboard its A380 aircraft that is necessary for traveling long distances. Suites offer individual cabins with sliding doors and window blinds for complete privacy and standalone beds equipped with turndown service and fine linens. Oh and did we mention the exclusively designed Givenchy tableware?
- Quantas – Quantas caters to executives with its several tiered levels of travel. First class is the way to go offering lounges in Sydney and Melbourne with spa treatment offerings and business amenities. While on board, take advantage of private flight attendant service, sleeper beds, eight-course tasting menus, and luxurious other accoutrements.
- Thai Airways – The Thai Airways experience starts before you even leave the ground with its award-winning Royal Orchid Lounges offering VIP rooms, personal amenities, spa treatments and more. Once up in the air, expect sleeper seating, a dedicated cabin crew, and impeccable meal service.
- LAN – LAN caters to those traveling to South and Latin America with favorite destinations in Argentina, Peru, Brazil, the Galapagos Islands and Chile. The Premium Business experience offers state-of-the-art seats and an on-board menu offering regional South American menus and wines. Its Oneworld VIP lounges come equipped with luxurious business and personal amenities.
- United – United has been a standard for several generations and offers an impressive Elite frequent flyer club along with its Red Carpet Club. Take advantage of airport lounges around the world to relax and unwind before flights and personalized travel assistance and ease your travel woes.