China Entrepreneur Club to visit Canada
The China Entrepreneur Club has been called the world’s most exclusive, with 50 members comprising billionaires who oversee companies that together make up $600 billion (Canadian) annual turnover.
The group are planning their first trip to Canada in an eight-day tour in which they hope to make business deals. The visit comes as Canada seeks a new “golden” era where businesses hope to connect.
Canada is the eighth-largest destination for Chinese overseas spending, but Chinese businesses are keen to invest more
Who is in the entrepreneur club, and what do we know about them?
- CEO of Far East Holding Group Co. Ltd
- China’s top manufacturer for 18 straight years
- On the Hurun list of China’s richest, ranked No. 358 last year
- Worth $1.4-billion
- President and CEO of China Merchants Bank from 1999 to 2013
- China Merchants Bank is today among the world’s top 100
- Mr. Ma has been called one of China’s “most innovative bankers.”
- Founding Chairman and CEO of ChinaEquity Group Inc
- Its equity value exceeds $3-billion
- Mr. Wang reached No. 793 on the Hurun China rich list, worth $750-million
- Chairman of Tentimes Group. Co. Ltd., a property development firm
- No. 947 on last year’s Hurun China list
- Outspoken Christian executive
- Chairman of Digital Technology Co Ltd.
- Got his start selling computer keyboards
- Corporate revenues of nearly $400-million a year